OK, So I turned 32 today. On the upside, I realize that I am light years ahead of my late 20s mentality and this year I will be in the best physical shape of my life (since teenage years when I was a 2-sport varsity athlete). On the downside, holy crap i am into my 30s now! Reality check!?
Anyways, back to our regularly scheduled broadcasting.
My marathon training has been difficult lately b/c I have been dealing with some unanticipated road bumps in my life. I'm also about to go to Las Vegas on business for 4 days and then to China for a full week so this will be another difficult situation also. I'm going to have to try and find a hotel treadmill or something to be able to keep my cardio up. I knew that these travels would create a hitch in my routine and that I would have to compensate. At the end of the day, this might be a good time for my legs to rest before I begin my ramp up to the January race day. My regimen leading up to Christmas is scripted and will give me a roadmap towards being prepared for the 26.2 mile run.
Needless to say, I am going to have to be careful with those long tailgating days during football season. I was absolutely hurting yesterday going out for a 6-mile run and lifting some weights. I have to remember, I'm 3-2 now. :)
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am the sole care-taker of a rambunctious, active 7-month old and you make me feel lazy!! :) How is that possible? ha ha
Post a Comment