Saturday, January 9, 2010
Freezing Disney Marathon
It was one year ago today that my sister and I ran our first marathon (at the Disney Marathon in Orlando). I remember it was close to perfect weather and around 58 degrees at the start which slowly warmed up to about 70 by mid-morning. It felt a lot hotter after 26.2 miles, but I'd have to say it was close to ideal. Now, here we are in 2010 a year later, and it is an entirely different story. Thankfully I did not sign up for the Disney marathon this year because the conditions are looking brutal tomorrow to say the least. According to the Weather Channel it is going to be 26 degrees at 6am when the race starts. OUCH! I can only imagine what those runners are going to be going through. Most of them will be wearing sweaters, garbage bags and any other contraption they can put on in order to stay warm. Then again, that is what being a runner is all about - sucking it up and braving the conditions while others would bail out. Good luck runners! I will be with you in spirit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment