Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Big Announcement

I've been waiting to make this announcement for a while now, but have had a few things in the cue holding me up. One of which was renting my home! Well, now that this all settled up – I just wanted all of you to know that I am moving to Fort Lauderdale because I have adopted a Chinese baby. I know, this might sound a little bit random to most of you – but after watching my nephew growing up I thought that it would be the missing piece of fulfillment in my life. The process has taken me several months and cost me quite a sum of money, but I know that once I go down to Miami and pick him up at the IAAC (Int'l Asian Adoption Center) it will be the happiest day of my life. The baby is a boy and he is from a city called Shenzhen – and I plan on keeping his first name and simply merging it with my last name. The reason I went to Greece this summer for so long was because I knew I wouldn't have an opportunity to do that again in a while. The whole cover story about moving to Greece was because I was not ready to let everyone know about these drastic changes that I had decided. If anyone is interested in finding out more information about this, please let me know. You can also visit http://www.childrenshopeint.org/ <http://www.childrenshopeint.org/> or contact them at 888-899-2349

Anyways, I don't know why I just said that. I'm not really adopting a child, although if you want a child it could be a good option and those contact numbers are valid. I just wanted a little bit of extra-shock value in this blog.

Now, for the real scoop: I officially have rented my home as of September 1st !!!– and this has paved the way for me to move to Greece! Below is the itinerary for my immediate life. I plan on making my stops around Florida to visit my family, and then I will be heading to Greece to try and live there for a year? 2 years? Who knows. I'm ready for some change in my life and when I think about moving to Europe it gets me excited. As many of you have known this has been brewing in my head all summer but I just had to have an epiphany about the rat race to be able to realize what I waned to do with my immediate life. I've been keeping a good personal blog/diary on my computer and I plan on continuing it while I am overseas. If it is interesting enough I will turn it into a book one day.

I’ve got some decent job leads in Thessaloniki (where I want to live) but my first stop will be Athens so that I can meet some well-connected individuals in the US Embassy as well as Entrepreneurs in the area that I have met through family friends. I believe I have done all the legwork I can from afar and I need to physically be there to secure employment. Fortunately, I have lots of places where I can stay all over the country, so, this will make my journey much more comfortable. Once I secure employment I will get my own apartment!

Anyways, here's the plan. Please note, the "Tentative dates" might be moved back a week or two depending on certain factors – but these are 'tentative'. If the trip to NYC gets pushed back then so will London - although I plan on staying at those places the same amount of time as pre-determined. If you live anywhere along my ‘exit stage right’ please let me know so we can hook up!

Concrete dates:

Today until August 31st – Selling household items I don't need, getting the house ready for the tenants!

September 1st to September 5th – Going to be in Tallahassee visiting my sister's family.

September 5th through September 9th. – Coming back to Orlando – Mine and Anthony's bday & my going away party will be on SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 8th, so lock it in!

Tentative dates:

September 10th through September 18th – Fort Lauderdale with family

September 15th - Come up for the UCF home openening game

September 18th through September 20th – New York City

September 20th – September 23rd – London

September 23rd until ????? – Greece

No comments: