Thursday, September 27, 2007

NJ-NY Leg


I actually considered working out at the gym here at Travis and Azie’s place yesterday before going into NYC. HA! That would have been a mistake. I ended up going all over Manhattan – probably visited about 5 or 6 Starbucks and trekked several miles. Even a little MacBook gets heavy on your shoulders once you are traveling with it for most of the day. There’s something larger than life about New York – and from here, in West New York, NJ, you can see the best view of the skyline. It makes you truly feel like a small fish in a big pond, but there’s also something very motivational about it. The random concoction of people you encounter in the city seems to mimic something out of the matrix.

Anyways, I met up with some old friends, got some business done, and generally had a really good time. Right now I’m getting ready for the next leg of my trip: London. I just spoke to my cousin, Paris, who I will be staying with. We always have a good time and it sounds like he has planned a mix of informal and formal outings. I just hope that I can get some sleep on my flight tonight, otherwise I will be upside down tomorrow morning when I arrive at 8am in Heathrow.

Hopefully I will be able to do more blogging in London. I got caught up doing some research prep-work for a golf-invention’s marketing plan I am working on, and also some sourcing work for a couple of companies here in the states. To further complicate my blogging I forget my camera yesterday! Here are some pics of Trav & Az in their very cool apartment [below], and also a view of the city as the ferry approaches Midtown [above].

Goodbye America.

My wonderful 2 1/2 hosts! Baby Hunter is on the way and Az says he's quite kinetic in the belly right now.
BTW, Trav doesn't usually have discs growing out of his head. Click on the pic to see the optical illusion enlarged!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

take care dean! have a safe flight, and you better make it at least till the summer time so i can visit. peace brother!

Anonymous said...

Glad that I got to meet up with you in NYC on your way out of the You Ess of A!!! Good luck man!!!

-Seth

Anonymous said...

We miss you already!!