After doing some research it looks like it IS possible, so long as I keep increasing endurance and then following a 16-week preparation as a regimen right before the marathon. It includes mind-boggling runs of 18-miles in the middle of the week 4-weeks before race date as a prep (that would be the week before Christmas), and then casual 6 and 8 mile days.
Now, I know you think I am crazy by now, and you are probably right. BUT, if you know me then you can't count me as a drop out for this. I will definately be there on January 11th barring any debilitating injuries! It is something I never thought I'd do in my life, PLUS, my dad told me I flat out wouldn't be able to do it - so, you add those two together and I've got enough fuel burning to run a triathlon.
If any of you want to join me and my sister, please let me know and I will e-mail you all of the information - and we could all go on the same 16-week regimen leading up to it. Look at it this way: No matter how sucky your marathon time is, you're going to be in the best shape of your life.
2 comments:
You're right. I think you're crazy. But good for you! :)
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment