Friday, December 5, 2008

Five Week Mark

My knee has finally recovered after pushing it and running a half marathon in 1:49 a couple of weeks ago. I've trimmed some of my mileage down so that I do not risk injury in this final stretch. My plan is to build it back up to around Christmas time where I will do a 20 mile run with my sister. At that point I think that I will have the confidence to do the 26.2 mile marathon run on January 11th and then taper back down to shorter runs in order to save my legs until race day.

At first my BHAG (big hairy audacious goal) was to simply finish the marathon. I have now stepped it up to doing it in 4 hours which would be awesome, but I will be content with anything around 4:15. I do not know how my legs will react when I get over 20 miles, so it is kind of like going into uncharted territory. I certainly will not be doing 6 hours of yard work after the marathon, that's for sure! (That's what I did right after the half-marathon. Smart huh?).

This is an international blog, but I wanted to share some pictures from my business trips anyhow to spice it up. I haven't been on top of it for a little while but as you can see I have been busy traveling, growing my biz, renovating my house, and training - so not much free time!

My new fish tank with a new oak trimmed opening in the wall:

Loving my new bamboo floors:

Texas Rangers in Arlington:

Miller Park in Milwaukee:

United Center:

Wrigley Field:

U.S. Cellular Field:

Soldier Field:

No comments: