I finally finished my first marathon. Well, not the running kind - more of the 'renovation' kind. It took 9 weeks to go through the whole process of dealing with insurance agencies, gutting the house, cleaning, rebuilding, and finish work. It was definitely one of the longest 9 weeks of my life and I am happy it is finally behind me. Having said that, my marathon training has been somewhat derailed and I am fighting to get back into tip top shape before the race. On the upside, my legs are very fresh and I am poised for a very good run up in good health.
Can you believe the holidays are already upon us? The good part is that the weather will be ideal for my intense training. When I first embarked on this I thought that the holidays were going to suck because I will have to endure some long painful runs throughout them. Now that it is upon me, I have a different perspective. I think that I will actually enjoy the holidays even more because I will not be comatose on the couch with a packed belly vegging out. I will be fresh off a big run enjoying the calories! Another positive thing about the marathon schedule is that I will be running the marathon right after New Years. So, while everyone is making resolutions I will be able to complete mine and prepare for a new challenge. I'm not sure what will be my goal in 2009, but if I can make it achievable and audacious then getting through 26.2 miles will certainly strengthen my confidence.
No comments:
Post a Comment