



For the first time in almost 15 years I was able to visit San Francisco for a few days. Although it was on business, and I really did not spend much time seeing the whole city, it was an enjoyable new episode. I only took a few pictures because I do not like lugging around a camera with me all day – so what I did take is with my iPhone. The only thing that really sucked is that I had a head cold the entire time I was there – and it still remains unknown whether I caught something or if it was due to some allergies!?The more I travel in the states this past year, the more I have realized how many unique and fun cities we have to experience here at home. In itself it is amazing that you can be on a plane for over 5 hours and still be in the same country. Americans that have not done much traveling abroad don’t comprehend how convenient it is to be able to go to the other side of a continent and use the same mobile phone with no roaming charges, the same highway systems, and the same familiar systems they have back home. In many places in Europe, you can go a couple of hundred miles and all of the sudden you are inundated with new languages, ridiculous phone charges, and incomprehensible highway infrastructure.
OK, time to board the LAX-MCO leg of my red-eye. I have never slept more than an hour or so during a red-eye so for sure tomorrow will be mostly a waste! I will get to do it again soon as I am heading to Las Vegas in a week – and then to Washington, D.C. after that. Still trying to figure out my return to the Mediterranean this summer. Stay tuned..
No comments:
Post a Comment