I've battled through some plantar fasciitis and now a head cold to emerge this weekend feeling pretty good. I am close to 100% ready to increase my mileage a little more starting on Monday. As of right now I am down to 207 which is 10 lbs less than my starting weight of 217 - nine weeks ago when I began my marathon training. It's a bit scary to project what I will weigh going into the holidays but I haven't weighed less than 200 lbs since I was like 22 years old. I plan on putting weight back on through less cardio and more weight training once I complete the marathon regardless. If I had to guess I'd say I will end up around 180 lbs when it is all said and done - even though originally I didn't think my frame could be less than 190ish.
My sister has started a blog also to outline her marathon training concurrently. She has had some early leg issues as well (knee pains) but has gotten some corrective shoes to help alleviate the pain. She is a more experienced runner than me so I am expecting her to catch up with the regimen quickly. You can view her blog here.
Not many traveling trips planned for me this summer. A couple of weddings and the probably going to keep it low-key. I'm thinking of getting a new camera, so perhaps that will be inspiration to take more pics.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment