Thursday, May 29, 2008

To the hills

I've been up here in Tallahassee since Memorial Day weekend visiting my sister's family. During the day I have been babysitting my nephew, doing some work on my computer, and continuing my marathon training with my sister. The hills up here have definitely been taking a toll on my glutes but I have been able to see the benefits of running with someone else. The miles seem a lot shorter and I think that this aspect bodes well for the marathon!

Yesterday was my 41st run and I ended up running approximately 5 miles around a scenic lake. I am midway through my 14th week of the 46 week run-up to the marathon and my cardiovascular fitness has hit a new level. I feel that I can exceed my current regimen although I am holding back so that I do not induce my plantar faciitis injury to return. I've been relatively healthy since that injury and the only thing that is nagging me is my right knee a little bit but that should be expected as my body is still adapting. By not increasing my mileage more than 10% per week I have been able to slowly add distance.

As of right now it takes about 52 minutes to finish my cardio (walking, running, walking) - and I am already seeing how time constraints will begin to bleed into my schedule as it increases. The crazy part is that it is going to be the Holidays immediately preceding the run! I guess that is where my time is going to come from on those long-runs in preparation.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

finally had a chance to catch up on here...parker is HUGE and looks like a big boy already...crazy!