Thursday, June 19, 2008

Free Wheelchair Mission

I've decided to run the marathon for a charity and after doing some research I have found "Free Wheelchair Mission". They provide wheelchairs to the poor of the world who are disabled & can't afford it. Since I am fortunate enough to be in good health and run a marathon I thought I was fitting.

I sent out an e-mail to lots of people yesterday and I've started to get some donations. Hopefully people will be contributing slowly and I will be able to eclipse my goal. I have to admit, I was a little despondent at first because I didn't get any response. I was thinking to myself about how many charities I have contributed to throughout the years for other people's runs: dozens. Well, I have 6 months until the run - so I will have plenty of time to remind everyone! I just can't buy it that people can't afford to give a $10 donation - especially living in the United States.

I talked to my sister about this and she lifted my spirits somewhat. For some reason I also thought about how many people I've helped move houses in my life, and how every time I need to move I usually end up just doing it myself b/c I do not want to bother anyone. Maybe I was just meant to GIVE. I guess that's not a bad thing.

Anyways, if you are feeling like you can come off of a few dollars for a good cause, please visit my page and donate CLICK HERE

No comments: