Wednesday, June 4, 2008

From soul to rubber

This is the beginning of my 4th month of training and I am going to be running 5 mile clips very soon. I've hit my stride and I can run 8 minute miles all the way through without trying too hard. My major barrier will be the following months because I am an evening runner and with the days becoming so long it is becoming increasingly more difficult to find refuge from the heat. Right now I am not carrying a water bottle when I run, but this will have to change soon.

Above all else, I am starting to actually feel fit. I actually feel GREAT! The main thing will be to not get too far ahead of myself and stay healthy. This is the only thing that can stop me from running the marathon. *crossing my fingers* Plantar Faciitis has left the building - for now

These days I'm not only tearing up the roads with my Brooks. I'm also tearing them up with my Good Years driving all over the state. This weekend I'm driving to Steinhatchee, Florida, which is on the west coast right around the beginning of the big bend. I've never been on a hardcore fishing trip - but I am looking forward to the experience! More pictures to come... (here's one I found on Flickr from Steinhatchee)

By the way, the Daily Cynema is heating up. It looks like she has picked up a new hobby..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your fishing spot looks like its near Cedar Key... beautiful area! you guys will have fun!