My 2nd day in Las Vegas I unexpectedly broke out with serious fever and chills. Little did I know, but I had been walking around with bronchitis the last few weeks. I ended up seeing a doctor at Harmon Medical Center and I was prescribed with a Z-pack of antibiotics and some nuclear grade cough syrup.
After doing some research at my hotel room, it looks like the common cold I had in San Francisco 2 weeks ago was the classic symptom of the onset of bronchitis. What is even more scary is that the week before that, I had lost my voice and was not feeling well either. Needless to say, exercise had been quite a chore this past month – which all leads me to believe that I have been sick for a seriously protracted period of time. How did I not know? Did the daily grind just force me to accept my diminished state of living and accept it as the norm?
One of the things I really like about exercise is that it tells me about my body and is a good barometer for my health. In this case, I just ended up just pushing myself even further to try to get to par. That can’t be good. This whole week my lungs sounded like someone was crunching bubble wrap every time I exhaled. Thankfully, that is starting to go away. Now all I have to do is get through this cough.
Right now I am on the plane back to Orlando where I will be for a total of 36 hours. Just long enough so that I can DJ at my music labels monthly event ‘HouseFlyz’ Saturday night, and then I will be off to Washington, D.C., to tend to some family business for the week. I love the flexibility of being able to work remotely anywhere, but sometimes that flexibility gets me into some trouble by overextending myself! I can’t wait until I get back to Orlando so that I can re-group!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment