Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summertime in Full Swing

Okay, the NBA Finals are over and I am slightly recovering from the disappointment of coming so close to a championship. I can't complain though - the Magic had a great run, and I have season tickets next year too so I will hopefully get to enjoy another great year. On a more positive note, I now have every other evening available again! No more attending ruckus games or watching late night matches ending after midnight. Whew.

It has been one full month now since I finally finished with my bronchitis and my exercise is in full-tilt. I'm trying the ever-grueling 6-day regimen. Alternating between cardio days and lifting days. The summer heat has been stifling me but I am back to running my miles in 7:45mins. I've even started mixing in a couple of long runs and pretty soon I am going to start doing them on more regular intervals. I will do my first 10+ in a couple of weeks. My lifting days have been going well also, and my shoulder pain has dissipated. So, that one month off did have some positive collateral effects.

My exercise lifestyle is simple: 1 hour of hell, 23 hours of relaxation. When I think of it from that perspective, then it seems like I get a whole lot of relaxation in contrast. It also helps me make that one-hour count. If that one hour isn't hell then I am not doing something right. Needless to say, I have been sleeping very well since I got over the bronchitis.

I put that picture up because I have purchased my ticket to Greece. I will be there from July 13th to August 12th. No, I will not actually be hanging out in ruins all summer - but I thought it would be funny to put a stereotyical pic up there!

Here is a better idea of what my view will look like:

No comments: