

The Orlando Magic are now in the NBA Finals after a long string of nail-biters in the playoffs. Unfortunately, I missed a few games here or there b/c I was out of town, but I am elated to be back in Orlando for the Eastern Conference Finals & the Finals. It is even more satisfying since I have been a season ticket holder for a few years - before we were good.
It seems like every game is even more and more exhausting. The commercial breaks are longer and the halftime is protracted also - thus creating an experience where you are screaming for 3 hours and not getting home until after midnight.
Overall, it has been great for the city, and the team has overwhelming support. Everywhere you go people are talking about the Magic or sporting blue and white. Financially, I heard that the Magic were not going to be profitable this year - but after this playoff run I would venture to say that they are on the positive side.
I never thought I'd be superstitious about these things - but throughout this playoff run I have started to follow through the same motions at home games that I go to. Hey! It's worked up until now:
-Eat dinner at Dexter's before the game
-Park in the same parking spot downtown and ride as a group
-Drink lots of beer (I didn't hardly drink in the regular season)
-Sit in the same seat every game (it is a group of 4 of us that have a block)
Don't expect any of these things to change the last 2 home games on Thursday and Sunday!
GO MAGIC !
No comments:
Post a Comment