Okay so I am starting to be negligent of my blog. Let's just say that I am starting to wear myself thin again. Between social media, setting up a website for my business, organizing my record label, implementing new software for my business, attending sporting events, fantasy football, my podcast, and everything else in-between this blog somehow comes up last.
I do however want to report that I just signed up for another couple of races. Firstly, I am going to be doing a cross-Florida relay (from Clearwater to Daytona Beach) which involves 12 people. Each person runs 3 separate legs. Mine will add up to about 24 miles. It is an overnight event, and we will be riding around in 2 vans (6 per van). It should be a lot of fun, but I am not thinking it is going to be a comfortable night! It is the Ragnar race: www.flragnar.com
Since I would be gearing up to marathon-type training I have decided to sign up for the OUC half-marathon. After doing a marathon, I will be honest, the half seems like it is a relatively short race. I haven't decided what my time goals will be but it is a scary distance because if I come out of the gate too fast I can burn out. My ultimate goal is to be able to do it in 1:30. A realistic goal is 1:40. I've already done it in 1:49 before, and my marathon split was 1:57.
It is certainly an inconvenience at times when I have to forfeit social activities because of training but it ends up being worth it in the end because it makes fitness a priority. An old basketball coach once said to me, "No one is staying the same. You are either getting better, or getting worse. What's it going to be today?".
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment