I was just up in Asheville, NC, running in altitude for the first time. Okay, so it was ony 3,000 feet or so, but I can tell you with certainty that I felt the difference! Even at 8 minute/mile pace I felt like my lungs were under some pressure. Not to mention I was running through some unfamiliar terrain and not asphalt. The one thing I did like however was the weather: 58 degrees or so. After about a mile I got rid of the shivers and was enjoying the contrast with the deathly Florida heat.
This weekend I am reverting back to my weekend long runs so that I can begin ramping up towards my November 21st Ragnar run (about 23 miles broken up into 3 runs). I will post maps of the different legs here shortly for some visuals. Amazingly I am still over 200 lbs which means all these protein shakes and lifting are fighting against the cardio I am doing. If I can get down to about 193-195 before the race (and then the subsequent OUC half marathon) I should be a little lighter on my feet and have a better shot at my time goals (1:40 for the half).
Not that I need excuses for neglecting this blog, but I am about to launch a new website for my business which will need more of my attention, along with a new Twitter/Facebook/Blog/Newsletter. I will still try to update every couple of weeks. Especially things that pertain to my training and travels. I hope everyone is ready for a great Fall - I love this time of year!
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment