Monday, November 2, 2009

Route Maps for Ragnar Race

Okay, so I have the Ragnar relay coming up so I am ramping up to do the 21 mile run in 3 weeks. Fortunately, the mileage is split up into 3 legs so I will be able to save my legs somewhat for the Half-marathon I am doing 2 weeks later. The Ragnar relay is from Tarpon Springs all the way to Daytona - where 12 runners run the whole distance.Here are my 3 legs.


My 1st leg is 6.8 miles and starts just west of I-75. The elevation is relatively flat so I think it will be a good warm-up run.


My 2nd leg is a 6.6 mile run in Clermont not far from Orlando. I have trained here so I am somewhat familiar with the topography which actually can be quite hilly for Florida.


My 3rd leg is a flat straight 8 mile run in Osteen just east of Deltona. Not sure what time of day this will occur but most likely mid-day on Saturday, so it should be a challenge if I really push myself!

No comments: