Wednesday, January 16, 2008

On the road again

I've been lounging around with shorts & sandals again getting acquainted with the South Florida lifestyle. My jet lag is still hitting me pretty hard but it is kind of nice waking up 6:30am for a change. It helps you get a good jump start on your day. This might go on for another week or so until I have a late night of entertainment.

I’m packing up and going to Orlando here in a couple of hours. I plan on visiting with a lot of people & getting my damn hair cut. It got butchered a bit by this barber in Greece and I am quite happy to go have my hair cut by the familiar person who has been cutting it for 5 years. For everyone in Orlando – give me a call up until Sunday! Same mobile # I’ve had for the last 10 years or so.

Ever since I got back to Florida it has been shocking how inexpensive everything is relative to Greece. At the bare minimum the same thing that was a Euro in Greece is a Dollar here. This means that things are 33% cheaper. Other things are 50% less. How far will the U.S. dollar fall? Will it be worth half of a Euro? A bit scary.

Things will inevitably start to become more expensive in the USA, especially with the skyrocketing oil prices which tie into everything due to transportation costs. Anyways, this was the first thing I noticed this week. I’m sure I’ll be commenting on many other observations as well.

I’ll be heading to Los Angeles & Washington, D.C. from Orlando before returning to South Florida. I’ve noticed it will be raining in Orlando & in LA. BLAH! Is this weather chasing me from Thessaloniki??

Til later..

No comments: