Sunday, July 26, 2009

Porto Rafting

I've been down here in Porto Rafti for the weekend checking it out for the first time in about 7 years or so. There are 4 main beaches here total and I have checked out all of them. Hands down "Plaz" beach is where all the action is. You have to pay 6 Euros to get in but there are lots of people there, great facilities, loud music, and beach bars. Next time I come to the area I will definitely be going there. As for the nightlife, we went to 3 different spots that were all pretty good. They are mostly full of Greeks but I did notice some people from other Balkan countries. How do I know this? I really don't - but you can kind of tell: accents, body language, attire, company (all tie into a formula). The reason there are mostly Greeks here is because it is not an island and it is not a "touristy" area. It is a town that is just outside of Athens, on the water, and a 'close-by' weekend getaway summer house location.

Tomorrow I am heading into Athens but am thoroughly disappointed the New Acropolis museum will be closed. Not sure why it closes on Mondays since of all building a museum seems like it would be the easiest to keep open 7 days a week except for holidays. Oh well, there is still a lot I have to do. A couple of meetings and friends I want to catch up with. After that, off to Skiathos (island). I better get packing because tomorrow will fly by and we need to take off early the next day! I will write more when I get a chance. Hope everyone is having a great summer.

No comments: