Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Alien lifestyle

I’m getting a hardcore lesson in bureacracy this week because I have been in Greece for 2 months and have 1 month left before I become an illegal alien. So, I’m going to have to go to the “alien police” and declare myself next week in order to get a temporary residents permit. This is really my only option because if I go to become a citizen they will send me to the army for 6 months and this is not an option right now!

Right now I’m trying to work with some of my inside contacts within the police to help my chances of getting this temp residency. If for some reason they deny me I will have to leave the country by December 30th (when my initial 90 days is up). So, please cross your fingers for me – especially since I am just now making some progress!

Welp, I’m flying to London tomorrow. I’ve got some exciting plans brewing for this weekend – I will write more tomorrow from Thessaloniki airport. Ciao.

No comments: