Hi guys, a lot of you from back home have been sending me e-mails about my status since you've been hearing some odd things through the grapevine I am sure. I *am* coming back to the states for sure in a week or two – the only question is how long will my stay be. Right now I am awaiting a response from the Ministry in reference to my case for staying in Greece. This will ultimately dictate if my return ticket will be in February or in July.
After hitting the town Thursday night in Thessaloniki ‘til 6am, and getting 2 hours of sleep before having to appear before the Alien Police, I took a bus down to Athens to spend a few days here before the New Year. I must say, the weather is a lot better down here than Thessaloniki – and it is absolutely beautiful out. This combined with the job opportunities in Athens make it a more attractive place for me to live than Thessaloniki in many ways.
The plans for the weekend are to just “chill out” basically. My friend who I am staying with in Athens is moving back to the states in 3 weeks so this was one of my last chances to come down here and see him on the side of the pond. I also had to come retrieve my 2nd massive piece of luggage which I had left down here.
FYI for after I post my ticke to the states. I will be placing a link on my blog with all of the pertinent phone #s for U.S. government offices. If I am apprehended at the airport and forced into the army upon my exit I will need you guys to make some noise so that I can get some quick help.
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You won't be nabbed. Your parents are Greek, but you're not registered in the oikogeneiaki merida AND most importantly, you're not over your time limit.
Sto kalo! :)
Post a Comment