Note to self: Never leave from Serres the day you have a flight out of Thessaloniki.
I basically put myself in one of those situations where I did a few hours of unnecessary extra travel time today. Instead of coming back to Thessaloniki the night before, I decided to leave Serres in the morning. This added a local bus and an inter-city bus to my program today. Right now I’m on a British Airways flight on the way Gatwick. From there I will take the train and then the tube to my cousin’s house. Not much on the agenda for this evening, but tomorrow night and Saturday should be a lot of fun (can you hear my wallet screaming?). Friday night we’re hitting up Regent Street, Saturday night we have a party at the house, and Saturday late night a friend of mine got me and some guests on Sander Kleinenburg’s guest list at Ministry of Sound – so, it will be the first time I go there. It is fitting because I went to the opening of the Ministry of Sound parties in Mykonos. I know Mike & Tara probably wish we stayed there all week – that island can seduce you.
I have some good news on the Alien side. It looks like because I have Greek parents I will be able to get a 1-year temporary residency pass. Right now I am gathering all of the paperwork that I need and this issue will hopefully be resolved this week. Today I caught myself saying “Thank God this issue is over” – but quickly I retracted that statement because nothing is for sure in Greece. Everything seems to be extra-difficult and a lot of things that you are absolutely certain about sometimes become illusions. This has been my lesson so far, but I am trying real hard not to become disillusioned because the sequences of events that have happened to me could be just luck? Time will tell.
Note to self: Take more damn pictures of London this time! ..and have some fun.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment