Monday, December 17, 2007

Back in Thess

I returned from snow-filled Serres via bus to Thessaloniki this morning. This is definately the longest I've had to live in "cold" conditions but I think I'm holding up alright. The only scary part is looking at a calendar and realizing how many more cold weeks are ahead before spring time.

This week is very important because I will be continuing my struggle to find out if I am staying in Greece or not. If I do stay I will be getting a 6 month extension, if not I will have to leave by the end of the month to avert being put into the military. I've thrown around the military idea in my mind and it really is not a viable options. 6 months is way too long for me at this point in my life, and it's not like I'm getting a ticket that I wouldn't be getting anyways when I turn 40 (When I turn 40 I can get citizenship w/o having to join the military).

Uncertainty really sucks but there is nothing I can do about it right now. Oh well, I'm going to get back to some work I was doing. Hopefuly I will have a more definitive update soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NO MILITARY PLEASE!!!!! stay safe. Of course we want you to experience all that Greece has to offer, but I think we'd rather you come back to "lame-lando" before you joined the military out there. Keep us posted!!