I’m out here staying at NW6 3HR, London, UK (for all you curious Google Earth people) where my cousin's flat is. Today I went out for a walk to get some lunch off Finchley Road (near the Swiss Cottage tube station). I ended up getting some Thai food – the first time I had some in ages! The portion was plentiful of Phad Thai and the Tom Ka soup was huge. A lunch deal around here is about $18.00 – quite reasonable by British standards! Right now I am figuring out what the agenda is for tonight. Quite wide open at the moment with many options. Tomorrow is going to be the main night to worry about though with the housewarming party here, and I am also trying to figure out when I can split out to meet up with friends @ Ministry of Sound.
Here are some observations I’ve made today:
*There is really a huge gambling industry here with Barclays and tons of other professional looking shops
*I saw the coolest McDonalds with over-sized 70s seats, tables and overall motif – but it still didn’t entice me to go in.
*The wide ethnicity of food is the best thing about eating out here.
*My cousin is staying in what looks like a Brownstone – old, but very practical.
*I am declaring London to be the New York of Europe. There’s just something about the nightlife, multi-ethnicity, and the fact that it is such a commerce center that is quite parallel.
*My friend I am meeting up w/ @ Ministry of Sound is going to the Led Zeppelin concert Monday night. His brother couldn’t come for the concert, so he sold his ticket online for $6,000 that he paid $300 for. It has paid for his tour of Europe. Right ON!
*Believe it or not, it was colder in Greece when I left. Must be an anomaly.
Alright, I’m going to get ready for this evening. I’m definitely going to have a dirty Martini to kick the night off. I haven’t had a good martini in over 2 months. For some reason it just always tastes different in Greece – perhaps the British can get it closer to the way I like it. After all, didn’t James Bond used to drink them!? We’ll see… Til next time. Cheers mate.
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Deany! Glad you are enjoying your UK romp...wish we were there with you.
Did you sell out? There's an ad for the waterless toilet under your blog archives. haha
They are just one of my sponsors. If they are of interest to you check them out!
:p
No, I didn't sell out. I'm still making the same albums I always have..
Post a Comment