Monday, October 15, 2007

Olympus is stalking me


Yesterday it was a perfectly clear day and Mount Olympus could be seen in the distance. In Thessaloniki the sun always sets behind the Olympus mountain range - and since I have spent many of my summers in Halkidiki it has always been the backdrop to the end of my day. (..and the beginning of a good summer party!)


Today, I took the train from Thessaloniki to Athens which passes through some huge tunnels on the base of Mt. Olympus. I spent pretty much the entire train ride working on a remix/edit of a song. I hooked up with one of my old friends here who also produces and we're going to be doing some remix work for each other. This is why I love my new Mac - the battery lasted almost the entire train ride and I was able to compose/arrange with the perfect environmental inspiration. The only thing that hurt were my ears from having these dynamic Sony headphones covering my ears. I should have taken some pictures with my Mac cam of some of these villagers who kept staring at the screen trying to figure out what the heck I was doing.


Ok, I'm in Athens again, for now.

No comments: