Monday, November 26, 2007

December trip

I'm totally not settled in yet as I am not officially a resident - still working on resolving this! Not too surprised though considering how unorganized things are in the city. Regardless, all I have to do is leave the country and re-enter to reset my status (since I can not stay here for more than 3 months w/o my work visa). I'm considering either going to my cousin's in London for a 3-day weekend in a couple of weeks, or possibly visiting my cousin in Berlin. I'll definately be doing both, but it seems like it would be practical for me to do one of these trips in early December for the aforementioned reason.

The unusual part is that it is the same price to fly to London as it is to fly to Athens (half hour flight) from Thessaloniki. It is because of the heavy airport taxes the new airport has. Quite ridiculous! Although Berlin & London are on the other side of Europe the flights will only take about 3 hours. The perfect amount of transit to not push you over the edge.

No comments: