Friday, November 9, 2007

Side Lot

Sidewalks are parking areas in Greece. Well, that is unless they put some short stubby poles in the way to keep cars off.

I was walking down the sidewalk and all of the sudden I see this car close up the last spacious area where I could get off the sidewalk without squeezing through cars. The list is very short on parking ethics in Greece:
(1) Can other cars ‘feasibly’ get out of their existing parking spot if I park here
(2) In theory, is there enough room for traffic to flow through.

That’s pretty much it. The whole “illegal” part is very subjective, and I think that the whole space issue with the driver being able to fit into his door gets covered in part 1.

If these are the ethics of the sidewalks, imagine what the ethics of the road are?
(1) Try not to hit anyone, unless you have to.
(2) Try not to run too many red lights in a day.

I think that about covers it.

2 comments:

DAKIS said...

Ελληνικά ξέρεις?

Constantine said...

Ναι, ξέρω. Ποιο είναι το e-mail σας;