Oh man, I just ate a very impressive burger. This thing looked like an oversized Burger King double-whopper with bacon & blue cheese . It was so massive that I think I burned 200 calories just in jaw function. I’m so curious how many calories that thing was, but I’d have to say that it tasted so good it was worth every last one – especially since I have lost weight from the Balkan Rage virus I acquired a couple of weeks ago.
I read that there is intense lobbying & jousting going on in the states over the printing of calories. They are trying to make the major fast food restaurants to print the calories ON their huge lit menu boards. I’m not sure if this will be the best thing for business – but I think that they should make EVERYONE do it if it is going to be a law. As of right now they aren’t going after places like Chinese restaurants or other buffets. They are only going after the fast food restaurants because they have already researched the information and they have it accessible (usually buried on a website or in dull colored miniature posters somewhere in their establishments). The fast food industry’s defense is: “Why should we be punished for gathering this info?”.
Which brings me back to this Super Burger I just ate without any guilt. Do you think they will ever put up calories on menu boards in Greece? Not a snowball’s chance in hell. I think we enjoy our food too much and would rather not know! This is why everyone is relatively thin here when they are young & active – but once the activity decreases you can see why it is the most obese country in Europe (with one of the longest life expectancies at that!).
Friday, November 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment